The 2010 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally will be held August 9th – August 15th in Sturgis, South Dakota. The week of motorcycle rallies and festivities will be one for the record books this year, and all those who choose to attend will be treated to some amazing performers. In fact, legendary performers such as, Motley Crue, Ozzy Osbourne and Bob Dylan will all grace the stages during this year’s Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. Here are just a few of the sights and sounds that will make up this year’s 2010 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.
The Sounds of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally
- August 9th – on the first night of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, Buckcherry and ZZ TOP will take the stage at the Buffalo Chip Campground, or you can catch Dokken and Great White at the Broken Spoke Campground.
- August 10th – the following night Kid Rock and Bob Dylan perform at the Buffalo Chip at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.
- August 11th – get ready for a night with Dr. Feelgood as Motley Crue rocks the Buffalo Chip or head down to the Rock n Rev Festival in town to see the Stone Temple Pilots and Swayback.
- August 12th – Check out Ozzy Osbourne at the Buffalo Chip or Hinder and 3 Doors Down at the Glencoe Camp Resort along with other amazing performers.
- August 13th – one incredible night of rock begins as the Scorpions and Disturbed take to the stage at the Buffalo Chip and Alice in Chains perform at the Rock n Rev festival at the Glencoe Camp Resort, Sturgis SD.
- August 14th – the last night of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally concludes with great performers such as the Doobie Brothers at the Buffalo Chip.
The Sights of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally
If great music isn’t what you are looking for, you are sure to find something fun to see at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. Some of the “Can’t Miss Sights” of Sturgis include:
- The Illumination Fire Troupe – A fire performing troupe who dazzle audiences by fire eating, breathing and spinning. In addition, illumination contains tons of circus acts and amazing performances.
- Extreme Motorcycle Stunts – Watch amazing motorcycle stunts that seem to defy gravity at the Main amphitheater in Sturgis.
- Sturgis Motorcycle Museum and Hall of Fame – Take a tour through Sturgis and its motorcycle history.
- Midget Wrestling – Nearly every day in Sturgis, take a trip down to the Full Throttle Saloon to view the midget wrestling.
- The Mayor’s Ride – Join the mayor of Sturgis on a ride through the beautiful Black Hills. End the fabulous ride with a catered lunch in Sturgis. Cost to ride is $150 and all proceeds benefit the Sturgis Volunteer Fire Department.
Powered by Qumana
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a motorcycle accident, you need to protect your rights with a top motorcycle injury lawyer. Call 1-800-424-5377 to learn why you need a Motorcycle Accident Attorney on your side. Biker Red is RussBrown.com’s Official Biker news, information and resources author.