Great Rides in Pennsylvania, Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys: The State of Pennsylvania offers motorcyclists numerous scenic rides, including two federally designated US scenic byways, 15 state designated scenic byways, and one scenic National Forest byway. Pennsylvania motorcyclists can also choose between beautiful Lake Erie coastlines, quaint country roads, or majestic Pocono Mountain roads. In addition, bikers who wish to mix history with motorcycling can stop and view one of the many historic sites along the way, including Gettysburg. Here are just a few of the great rides you can take through Pennsylvania.
- US Route 6 (Irvine to Clarks Summit)—this ride takes Pennsylvania motorcyclists along a 240 miles scenic route through North Pennsylvania. Bikers will ride through mountains, farms, and along creeks, and even get to pass the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon. Along the way be sure to stop at the many 1930’s type stores and restaurants for a unique step back in time.
- Lincoln Highway Route—this is also known as US Route 30 and will take motorcyclists for an 82 mile winding countryside ride. Along the way, be sure to stop at the Gettysburg Battlefield.
- Laughlintown to Brandonville—this 55 mile route takes motorcyclists on a twisty ride through south west Pennsylvania. Architecture buffs will want to make a point to stop at the Falling Waters, a famous 1930’s style house designed over the edge of a waterfall by the infamous Frank Llyod Wright.
- Allegheny Plateau Tour—this 180 mile loop takes Pennsylvania motorcyclists through Elk State Forest. This is a guaranteed 3 hours of gentle curves and sweepers that are sure to delight every type of motorcyclist. Along the way, motorcyclists can view the Stevenson Dam, the Austin Dam ruins and the Kinzua Bridge collapse. At the end of your ride, you can even stop at Denny’s Beer Barrel Pub in Clearfield, home to the world’s largest burger!
- Pennsylvania Route 655—this is a 90 mile ride that takes bikers through some of Pennsylvania’s most beautiful mountain valleys. Winding gentle roads offer sweeping views of the valley and make this route a favorite for many bikers looking to get away for the day.
- Burnt Cabins Loop—this 160 mile route is a favorite for many Pennsylvania motorcyclists because of its abundance of curves and ever changing scenery. The route takes you through Franklin, Fulton, and Huntington Counties and bikers can see Burnt Cabins and the East Broad Top Railroad along the way.
- Williamsport to World’s End—this motorcycle loop takes Pennsylvania bikers all the way through World’s End Park. Beautiful forests, sweeping countryside landscapes, and roaring creeks are just some of the sites you are sure to enjoy along the way. Along the route, bikers will even get to travel through Tiadaghton State Forest, named after the Iroquois Indians.
One of my places to ride in PA is in the Gettysburg area. Gettysburg is a beautiful, historic town and I love spending time there. While in Gettysburg stop by Battlefield Harley-Davidson. They always have something going on and an incredible showroom to buy anything you need including a new Harley.
If you or someone you love is injured in a Pennsylvania motorcycle accident, you need a Pennsylvania motorcycle accident attorney on your side. At Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys, we understand the complications that can arise after a motorcycle accident. That’s why we always fight aggressively for our clients and ensure that they receive the maximum compensation for their injuries. Call us today at 1-800-4-BIKERS for a free consultation.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a motorcycle accident, you need to protect your rights with a top motorcycle injury lawyer. Call 1-800-424-5377 to learn why you need a Motorcycle Accident Attorney on your side. Biker Red is RussBrown.com’s Official Biker news, information and resources author.