CALL NOW 1-800-4-BIKERS
Free Case Evaluation
Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys have been fighting for motorcyclists’ rights for decades. We are experts in motorcycle accidents and have carefully chosen local, independent counsel across the country to help guide your claim with free legal advice, even if you do not need an attorney. This can maximize your recovery. If you want justice and compensation for your injury, pain and suffering, call today for your free consultation.
Between the two major cities of Pittsburgh and Philadelphia there are miles of riding country with scenic views of the Pocono Mountains, Lake Erie coastline, and the historic town of Gettysburg. The Keystone state offers hardy motorcyclists an opportunity to ride through all four seasons of the year: whether you’re enjoying the Greensburg Donegal Loop or the Kettle Road. You can enjoy scenery ranging from urban sprawl to remote backwoods, all on the same daytrip.
Each year, thousands of motorcyclists flock to Pennsylvania roads for some of the largest rallies like Roar on the Shore in Erie, sponsored by Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys. Along with the fun and celebrating comes some added congestion and a few motorcycle crashes and mishaps, which in turn draws increased attention from motorcycle safety authorities. To avoid scrutiny and problems, it is essential that all motorcyclists know and practice Pennsylvania motorcycle safety laws. Here are some of them:
Pennsylvania Motorcycle Safety Laws, Subchapter B – SECTION 3521-3526
- Helmets are optional for riders 21 or olderwho either (1) have been motorcycle-licensed for at least two years, or (2) have completed an approved motorcycle safety education course; a passenger is exempt if 21 or older; helmet speakers may be used only for the purpose of communication, not for entertainment
- Eye protection:Mandatory for all riders, including passengers
- Although turn signals are not required, motorcycle equipment must include two mirrors (right and left) for motorcycles built after April 1, 1977; a muffler is required to comply with Pennsylvania’s speed-based noise scale up to a maximum sound limit of 88 decibels
- There is no age restriction on passengers; however, a passenger seat and passenger footrests are necessary if passengers are carried
- Handlebar height is unregulated in Pennsylvania, unlike many other states. There are no restrictions.
- Motorcycle rider safety education is state-funded and available to eligible riders
- State liability insurance is required with a minimum coverage limits set at 15/30/5
- Riding motorcycles two abreast is allowed, yet Pennsylvania outlaws the risky practice of “lane splitting,” where a bike shares a lane with a car or truck, or passes between rows of full-size vehicles
- Regular motorcycle-safety inspections are mandated in order to encourage compliance with all Pennsylvania motorcycle safety laws
- Helmet speakers can be used only for communication purposes
- Pennsylvania minimum insurance requirements are 15/30/5
*Please check your local PA DMV for a full list of up to date Pennsylvania motorcycle laws and regulations*
Sponsored EventsView all events nationwide >>
PENNSYLVANIA RALLY ON THE RIVER
MAY 29-JUNE 7, 2015
AMERICAN LEGION RIDERS POST 537
3RD ANNUAL RIDE IN BIKE SHOW
MAY 30, 2015
FREEDOM RIGHTS RALLY
JUNE 1, 2015
38TH ANNUAL ABATE STATE PARTY
JUNE 19-21, 2015
21ST ANNUAL THUNDER IN THE CASCADES
JUNE 24-28, 2015
NEW CASTLE, PA
JOHNSTOWN THUNDER IN THE VALLEY
JUNE 25-28, 2015
GETTYSBURG BIKE WEEK
JULY 9-12, 2015
If you have been injured in a biking accident, make sure you have the experience of Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys on your side. Motorcycle accidents and the insurance issues associated with them can make accident claims complicated. Insurance companies are well aware of this and will take advantage of any perceived loophole. We fully investigate every aspect of your accident and insurance coverage and won’t let them write you off for less than you deserve. We at Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys fight to get the maximum for your damages as well as pain and suffering. If you are laid up in the hospital, we don’t want you to worry about anything other than recovery. Let Russ Brown/BAM deal with your insurance agency. Whether you have full coverage or are an uninsured biker, call the BAM motorcycle injury lawyers at 1-800-4-BIKERS.
Even when motorcyclists are careful, accidents can still happen. If you or someone you know has suffered an injury in a motorcycle crash anywhere in Pennsylvania, you should contact a motorcycle accident injury attorney immediately.
The skilled biker lawyers at Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys can help by protecting your rights and working to win financial compensation to cover the costs of medical care, therapy and rehabilitation, lost income, and other long-term needs that your family may experience following a serious motorcycle accident.
2225 Millennium Way
Enola, PA 17025
A random sampling of a few of the Pennsylvania cities we serve:
- White Haven
- King of Prussia
- Beach Haven
- Jersey Shore
- Norristown Way
We serve riders from all walks of life throughout Pennsylvania with the help of BAM. If you have been in a motorcycle accident, trust Russ Brown’s cooperative network of handpicked motorcycle injury lawyers to help. Call us at 1-800-4-BIKERS or 1-800-424-5377 for assistance and free legal advice.