Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Washington
Our Washington motorcycle accident attorneys and motorcycle personal injury lawyers are experts at motorcycle law, and make bikers like you a priority. In fact, BAM's founders, Russ Brown and Chuck Koro, are not only fine motorcycle personal injury attorneys but also bikers themselves. When we take a motorcycle accident claim, our expert accident lawyers are committed to winning you compensation for lost wages, pain and suffering, repairs bills due to your accident, and more. Learn more about our motorcycle accident lawyers today.
BAM's team of Washington motorcycle accident lawyers was founded by Russ Brown and Chuck Koro, two experienced attorneys and biking enthusiasts. As such, we put a priority on accident claims, understand the intricacies of motorcycle law in this state, and have recovered millions of dollars in settlements. Call 1-800-4-BIKERS to consult with our skilled attorneys.
With just under 200,000 registered motorcycles and scooters in Washington state, there is no shortage of accident claims. BAM's skilled personal injury lawyers know the state's motorcycle laws intimately and have won compensation for lost wages, and pain and suffering. Choose Russ Brown and Chuck Koros's handpicked biker lawyers.
There were 75 bike-related deaths in Washington in 2008, so our motorcycle personal injury attorneys remind you that seeking proper representation for your accident claim is crucial. BAM's accident lawyers know motorcycle law, and how to use it to win you the compensation you deserve.
CONSULT WITH US IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOUR ACCIDENT!
Washington Motorcycle Safety Laws
Washington has a lot to offer motorcyclists with its diverse terrain and relatively mild climate. With an abundance of gorgeous scenery, including the Cascade Mountains, the Pacific coastline, the Columbia River basin, and the Olympic Peninsula, Washington motorcyclists never tire of riding in this beautiful state. Motorcycle safety is of the utmost importance whether you are enjoying the scenic views or simply commuting to work.
The following information was obtained from the Washington State Patrol (WSP), the American Motorcycle Association (AMA), and the Washington State Department of Licensing regarding Washington motorcycle safety laws:
- Motorcycle operators and passengers are required to wear helmets in Washington. Helmets must have manufacturer sticker certifying that it meets it meets US Department of Transportation (DOT) standards. There are no restrictions on helmet speakers in Washington
- Eye protection is mandatory unless motorcycle is equipped with a windscreen
- Washington state law prohibits motorcyclists from riding with passengers who are under the age of five. All passengers must wear a DOT certified helmet, and a passenger seat and foot pegs are required if carrying a passenger
- Required motorcycle safety equipment includes two mirrors, turn signals (on motorcycles manufactured after 1960), a windshield (unless eye protection is worn), as well as working brakes, muffler, headlights, and taillights
- Daytime running lights (DRL) are required on motorcycles in Washington; modulating headlights are allowed
- Motorcyclists may not ride with both feet on same side of motorcycle, nor may they attach to another vehicle while riding on the roadway
- Motorcycle liability insurance is not required in Washington, although it is usually in the best interest of motorcyclists to carry liability insurance
- An approved motorcycle education course is only required for bikers under the age of 18 in Washington
- Washington motorcycle laws allow motorcyclists to ride two abreast in same lane; however, lane splitting with other motor vehicles is prohibited
Always check Washington's DMV site for the most up-to-date laws in regards to motorcycle riding in Washington.
Put the 98% winning percentage of BAM's attorneys to work for you. Our law firm is proud to serve all of Washington including:
Reach BAM today for toll free advice at 1-800-4-BIKERS.
Motorcycles As Art
Motorcycles are beautiful. There is nothing like being in the wind traveling down a country road, or cruising with friends up the coast. For many people there is nothing like living the motorcycle lifestyle. The idea of the motorcycle as art is not a new idea or concept, and for as long as motorcyclists have ... Read more →
Sturgis Motorcycle Rally Travel Info
If you are planning on going to the 2014 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally – the oldest, largest, and most popular motorcycle event in the entire world – make sure you have a travel plan before you hit the road and your journey will be smooth and problem free. A list of helpful resources such as South Dakota ... Read more →
The History Of The Hollister Motorcycle Rally
Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys – Official Sponsor of the Hollister Motorcycle Rally: The motorcycle lifestyle is full of wonderful history, but one of the most important pieces of history relevant to motorcyclists is the 1947 Hollister Riot. While the riot happened 67 years ago, it is a valuable piece of motorcycle history, because if it ... Read more →