CALL NOW 1-800-4-BIKERS
Free Case Evaluation
Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys have been fighting for motorcyclists’ rights for decades. We are experts in motorcycle accidents and have carefully chosen local, independent counsel across the country to help guide your claim with free legal advice, even if you do not need an attorney. This can maximize your recovery. If you want justice and compensation for your injury, pain and suffering, call today for your free consultation.
Known as the Sunshine state, Florida is a beautiful state to ride in and a respite for Northeasterners seeking warm weather. Hundreds of thousands of snowbirds ride to Florida from the Northern States every winter. Daytona Bike Week alone attracts huge numbers of motorcyclists from Canada and the Northern U.S. Hundreds of thousands of motorcyclists flock to Florida for riding season: from the start in March with Daytona Bike Week, to its close with Biketoberfest in October.
With such consistent riding activity, unfortunately accidents are bound to happen. Immediately following a motorcycle accident you may feel that your injuries are not severe; however, you will be full of adrenaline and possibly unaware that that you have been injured. Once you have received appropriate medical attention, it’s imperative that you contact a motorcycle injury attorney who specializes in motorcycle accident cases. Only a truly experienced motorcycle lawyer knows the complexities of motorcycle accident injuries, how to assess the facts of accident, guide you to seek the right medical attention you need and ultimately, secure the compensation you deserve. A personal injury lawyer from a reputable motorcycle law firm is an absolute must to guarantee your case is properly evaluated and handled correctly from the start. Put your case in the hands of someone who knows riding and shares the same roads as you do.
Florida Motorcycle Safety Laws
From “weekend warriors” to “daily commuters”, its important that every motorcyclist is aware of local safety laws while enjoying the abundant terrain that Florida has to offer. Since our grand state hosts many visitors– not just motorcycle enthusiasts– Florida roads are often crowded with tourists and drivers who are inattentive, or unfamiliar with local conditions, which can lead to inevitable collisions.
Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys encourages all riders to know and comply with Florida motorcycle safety laws. As condensed from a survey of information obtained through authoritative sources like the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) and the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, Florida motorcycle safety laws stipulate that:
- Helmets are not required for riders over 21 years of age if they can show proof of medical insurance coverage in the minimum amount of $10,000. Still, helmets are highly recommended for all riders, including passengers. Helmet speakers are allowed, yet are limited to equipment without earphones.
- Eye protection is required.
- Passengers are not restricted by age, yet the law requires a passenger seat and passenger footrest for any passenger carried.
- Daytime use of a headlight is mandatory, and a light-modulating type of design is allowed.
- Handlebars must be no higher than the rider’s shoulder when seated.
- Turn signals are required, regardless of the age of the motorcycle.
- Mufflers are necessary to limit sound to a maximum of 86 decibels, and modification of mufflers and other noise-abatement equipment is prohibited. Other required equipment includes at least one mirror on the left and right sides.
- Rider education is funded by the state, and is mandatory for all first-time motorcycle licensees and applicants.
- State insurance is required in the prescribed minimum liability coverage limits according to the Financial Responsibility (FR) Law. Florida’s No-Fault “Pip Law” does not adversely affect motorcyclists.
- Lane splitting is not allowed— that is, motorcycles may notshare the same lane with a full-size vehicle, however, motorcycles are allowed to operate two abreast in the same lane.
* For the most current Florida Motorcycle Laws please check the Florida DMV website
If you or a family member has been injured in a motorcycle accident anywhere in Florida, no matter what the cause and regardless of fault, the help of a top-notch motorcycle accident attorney is just a free phone call away. The experienced motorcycle lawyers at Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys can help you understand your available options, and fight to win compensation for your crash-related injuries, including the money needed to pay for medical care, rehabilitation, therapy, lost wages, and other long-term needs your family may have following a motorcycle accident. Call 1-800-4-BIKERS to get your free consultation today.
No sponsored events.View all events nationwide >>
OCT 13-16th, 2016
ORMOND BEACH, FL
FREE LEGAL ADVICE is always the first step with a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer from Russ Brown and one necessary to educate and protect you from prematurely agreeing to an undervalued settlement of your case.
If you have been injured in a Florida motorcycle accident, call Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys. BAM works with top injury lawyers across the country. Whether you live in Daytona Beach, Fort Lauderdale, down in Miami or up in Jacksonville, we have cooperative relationships with reputable local counsel carefully chosen by Russ & his partners for their combined merit, skill and connection to the motorcycle community. Your local Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorney will personally help you gain restitution for your motorcycle accident damages if circumstances are such that you are injured and need the services of a lawyer. If you do not, then at the very least, you will learn important information about how to best handle your own claim for the highest possible recovery.
1525 East Amelia Street
Orlando, FL 32803
169 Tequesta Drive
Tequesta, FL 33469
6817 Southpoint Parkway
Jacksonville, FL 32216
A random sampling of a few of the cities of Florida that we serve:
- Daytona Beach
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Myers
- Key West
- Panama City
- St Augustine
We serve all of Florida and we will do our best to help you. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident call us at 1-800-4-BIKERS or 1-800-424-5377 for free legal advice.