CALL NOW 1-800-4-BIKERS
Free Case Evaluation
Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys have been fighting for motorcyclists’ rights for decades. We are experts in motorcycle accidents and have carefully chosen local, independent counsel across the country to help guide your claim with free legal advice, even if you do not need an attorney. This can maximize your recovery. If you want justice and compensation for your injury, pain and suffering, call today for your free consultation.
Ohio offers many interesting day trips for in-state motorcyclists, and is also a crossroads for visiting bikers from all points – the Midwest, South, and East Coast. Riders in the Buckeye state are compulsively hardy and ride through all four seasons, yet not without additional challenges and dangers during the coldest months. In recent years, Ohio tax payers have become increasingly sensitive to the issue of motorcycle safety, partly because of the burden from costly medical care for riders injured in serious accidents. For everyone’s benefit, bikers here are expected to understand and heed Ohio motorcycle safety laws. Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys’ BAM program (Breakdown Assistance for Motorcyclists) also focuses on keeping riders safe. Wherever you ride, in the event of a roadside emergency, help from a fellow rider is only a phone call away. 2,000,000 members have volunteered to assist each other by joining BAM and some of the best and brightest motorcycle lawyers in each state were handpicked to provide expert FREE legal advice. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, don’t settle for just any attorney. We Ride – We Care – We WIN! 1-800-4BIKERS
OHIO MOTORCYCLE SAFETY LAWS
- Helmets are required for novice (new) riders,and are also required for riders under the age of 18 years; still, helmets are universally recommended and are used by smart motorcyclists of all ages; there are no restrictions on helmet speakers
- Eye protectionis required unless the motorcycle has a windscreen
- Headlight must be used during the day; a modulating design is allowed
- Passengersare not restricted by age, yet the motorcycle must feature both a passenger seat and passenger footrest if passengers are carried
- Handlebar height cannot be higher than 15 inches above the motorcycle seat
- Right and left mirrors are required,and turn signals are required if the bike was manufactured in or after 1968; a muffler is required to comply with the statewide maximum sound level of 86 decibels and other local regulations as adopted by counties and townships
- Rider educationis state-funded and available for all eligible applicants, and is required for riders under 18 years of age
- Earplugs are prohibited
- Lane-splitting is not allowed however, the practice of riding two motorcycles abreast is allowed
- State liability insurance is required, and minimum coverage limits are set at 12.5/25/7.5
- Random, periodic safety inspectionsare provided to enforce compliance with all Ohio motorcycle safety laws
- Turn signals are required if the motorcycle is manufactured in or after 1968
*ALWAYS CHECK YOUR LOCAL DMV PAGE FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE MOTORCYCLE SAFETY LAWS*
No sponsored events.View all events nationwide >>
22nd ANNUAL BIKERS MEMORIAL FUND
MAY PARTY & POKER RUN
MAY 16, 2015
VETERANS HONOR RIDE
MAY 30, 2015
11TH ANNUAL FIREFIGHTERS MEMORIAL RIDE
MAY 31, 2015
FOUNDING FATHERS FREEDOM RUN
JUNE 7, 2015
THE SHIELD RIDE 2015
JUNE 20, 2015
RIDE FOR THE HEROS
JUNE 27, 2015
VAN WERT, OH
THUNDER ON THE BORO
JUNE 27, 2015
JULY 18, 2015
RUN TO OHIO WALL & MEMORIALS
JULY 25, 2015
RIDE FOR OUR VETS
SEPT 12, 2015
Understanding Ohio insurance coverage can be very confusing and the wording can seem like doublespeak. Insurance coverage on your own insurance policy may not be sufficient. Go over this in detail with your insurance agent before you need help. So many of our clients think they have “full coverage”, but don’t. If your motorcycle has a lot of custom chrome, standard coverage may not be enough to reimburse you for damage done in an accident. If you are in the hospital from your accident through no fault of your own, you would have medical coverage only up to the limits of liability stated on the insurance policy of the other party, which you do not control.
Do you have Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage? Does it match your underlying limits of liability? Be sure to have sufficient limits of liability and other coverage necessary to recover from a serious accident if the other party has only minimal or no insurance. If you have been in a motorcycle accident, then get the best expert advice available. Talk to a motorcycle accident attorney from the BAM organization who can ensure you get the help you need to recover from your injuries, physically and financially.
Although Ohio traffic safety authorities have made some progress in recent years, much work remains to be done in order to reduce both injuries and deaths from serious motorcycle accidents. In addition, families touched by motorcycle accidents need assistance to heal and move forward.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, an experienced attorney can help your family by working to win compensation for expenses such as medical care and therapy, long-term rehabilitation, as well as lost wages and other expenses that result from a motorcycle crash. Call the qualified accident lawyers at Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys today for your free consultation. Don’t settle for less compensation than your case is worth.
BAM is nationwide, just waiting at 1-800-4-BIKERS to help you with any motorcycle injury accident.
Share the road and ride safe!
1001 Jaycox Road
Avon, OH 44011
Just a few of the Ohio cities we serve:
We service all of Ohio with the help of BAM and our cooperative network of handpicked motorcycle injury lawyers. If you have been in a motorcycle accident, call us at 1-800-4-BIKERS.