CALL NOW 1-800-4-BIKERS
Free Case Evaluation
Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys have been fighting for motorcyclists’ rights for decades. We are experts in motorcycle accidents and have carefully chosen local, independent counsel across the country to help guide your claim with free legal advice, even if you do not need an attorney. This can maximize your recovery. If you want justice and compensation for your injury, pain and suffering, call today for your free consultation.
Illinois has the sixth most registered motorcycles in the country—that’s just over 356,000 registered motorcycles. During peak season, these lucky riders from all over the state enjoy inspiringly beautiful rides throughout its rural countryside. From the flatland twists along the Peoria River, to the dozens of sweeping grades and delicious corners taking you up and down the roller coaster Blackjack Road, there are a host of fantastic scenic views and vistas to explore. The Ozarks down in Shawnee National Forest offer a wildly different variety of sights including lakes and cypress swamps.
Once in the city however, the sheer number of vehicles on the road in metropolitan areas like Des Moines contributes to some motorcycle accidents. For many years, thanks to Russ Brown, BAM’s experienced Illinois motorcycle accident lawyers have been using their expertise to advocate for accident claims throughout the state of Illinois. Our personal injury attorneys will help you understand the intricacies of Illinois motorcycle law and explain if you can collect for the hardship you’ve suffered. Call 1-800-4-BIKERS to contact Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys hand-picked lawyers in your area and get the solid advice you need.
Motorcycle laws differ from state to state, and BAM’s personal injury attorneys will help you to understand them. Don’t hand your case to just anyone when your future depends on it. Count on motorcycle accident attorneys Russ Brown and Chuck Koro’s smart efforts to safeguard riders everywhere and protect your rights. Make sure you are properly informed about your options with the help of a trusted attorney from BAM’s network. In the country or in the city, your motorcycle accident attorney will always be local to you.
We Ride We Care We Win!
ILLINOIS MOTORCYCLE SAFETY LAWS
- Brakes are required on both wheels
- Daytime use of white headlight is required by state law, Illinois Vehicle Code, Sec. 12-120(a)
- Modulating headlights are permitted, Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49, 571.108
- Red brakelight and red taillight required, both visible for 500 feet
- Lighted white license plate light required, visible from minimum 50 feet away
- One rearview mirror required, reflecting view of 200 feet
- Handlebar height is restricted: handgrips must be below head height
- One hand on the handlebar grip is required by operator anytime the motorcycle is in motion
- Eye Protection is required for both driver and passenger by law unless equipped with windshield
- Lane splitting or lane sharing is not authorized as per Illinois Vehicle Code, 11-703
- Horn must be heard for 200 feet
- Carried passenger’s seat and footrest are required by law, unless seated in sidecar or enclosed cab
- Safety helmets are not required
- Modified exhaust system for added noise level is prohibited
*Please check for a full list of up to date Illinois motorcycle safety laws on the Illinois DMV page.
- PROGRESSIVE INTERNATIONAL MOTORCYCLE SHOW CHICAGO, IL DONALD E STEPHENS CONVENTION CENTER February 9 - 11 2018 Visit Website
- IMS CHICAGO CHICAGO, IL DONALD E. STEPHENS CONVENTION CENTER February 10 - 12 2017 Visit Website
- IMS CHICAGO CHICAGO, IL Donald E. Stephens Convention Center February 12 - 14 2016 Visit Website
YAMAHA PRESENTS: BEAU BRASWELL at BOONES SALOON
MAY 22ND 2015
AMA PRO FLATTRACK RACES
MAY 29-30TH, 2015
ILLINOIS MOTORCYCLE FREEDOM RUN
JUNE 20, 2015
AMA PRO FLATTRACK RACES
JULY 4TH, 2015
ILLINOIS STATE HOG RALLY 2015
AUGUST 12-15, 2015
14TH ANNUAL BIG THUNDER RUN
SEPT 13, 2015
PROGRESSIVE INTERNATIONAL MOTORCYCLE SHOW
FEB 12 – 14, 2016
BAM Success Story #19,820 “Jerry E. called on behalf of his friend, Scott, who was stranded at the Parkway Inn in Bourbonnais, IL and in need of some tools to pull and dry his spark plugs. It was after dark and pouring rain there. Member Scott E. of Bourbonnais returned our voicemail within less than 2 minutes and without hesitation headed out to try and assist. While we were advising Scott that help was on the way, member Kevin H. called in to say he had a bike shop in Bourbonnais, and that if the bike still wouldn’t start, he could tow it in and fix it.” —A double thank you to the unselfish Illinois BAM riders willing to help each other out—
Call us today at 1-800-4-BIKERS or visit our home page at russbrown.com to learn more about BAM or our unique attorney helpline.
BAM: Breakdown & Legal Assistance for Motorcyclists. BAM is free and boasts about 2,000,000 members nationwide. Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys proudly underwrites the cost to keep this giant brotherhood of riders strong, by continually adding new members and running a 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a-year hotline.
A random sampling of a few of the Illinois cities we serve:
We serve all of Illinois and the surrounding communities. If you have been in a motorcycle accident call us at 1-800-4-BIKERS or 1-800-424-5377