CALL NOW 1-800-4-BIKERS
Free Case Evaluation
Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys have been fighting for motorcyclists’ rights for decades. We are experts in motorcycle accidents and have carefully chosen local, independent counsel across the country to help guide your claim with free legal advice, even if you do not need an attorney. This can maximize your recovery. If you want justice and compensation for your injury, pain and suffering, call today for your free consultation.
New York boasts an incredible array of choices for riding. Picturesque rolling hills and historic country roads, covered bridges and lighthouse tours, river and lakeside sweepers, majestic mountain runs, the congested urban jungle of the City that never sleeps—New York has it all. With close to 350,000 motorcycles on its roads, the Empire State is the 6th largest for motorcycle registrations. Most of those bikes’ riders take great care to ride safely, so it is not surprising that statistics show 2 out of 3 motorcycle accidents are the fault of a car not yielding the right of way, primarily in the daytime when there is no issue with adequate light. Thankfully, across the US, biker fatalities have declined slightly from previous years; however, it is still estimated that thousands will be badly injured. At Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys, we have handled a significant number of those accidents and repeatedly seen motorcyclists’ rights ignored and trampled by insurance companies or biased witnesses. Our attorneys are specialists in motorcycle law and are in the trenches daily so we have the experience necessary to combat insurance trickery, negative police reports, etc. Call us at 1-800-4BIKERS and let us help you win the fight.
New York Motorcycle Laws
- Safety Helmet Required by Law State
- Lane Splitting is not authorized
- Daytime Use of Headlight is required by law
- Modulating headlight permitted per Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49, 571.108
- Eye Protection is required by law
- Handle bars and/or grips cannot be more than the height of the motorcycle operator’s shoulders.
- Helmet Speakers are allowed only in a single earphone only
- Maximum allowable sound level is A-Weighted Sound Levels at Speed: 35 mph or less, 82 dB(A); over 35 mph, 86 dB(A), measured at, or adjusted to, a distance of fifty feet from the center of the lane in which the motorcycle is traveling.
- One mirror is required by law
- Motorcycles are permitted to operate two abreast in same lane
- A muffler is required however, no straight pipes, no removal of baffles, no modification of exhaust system that increases noise beyond exhaust system originally installed is allowed.
- No passenger age restriction
- Passenger Seat and Footrest Required if carrying a passenger
- Periodic Safety Inspection Required by law
- Insurance Requirements Compulsory Liability (Minimum Limits)(25/50/10) – Minimum limits where death results are 50/100.
- Turn Signals are required if motorcycle was manufactured in 1985 or after
*ALWAYS CHECK YOUR LOCAL DMV PAGE FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE MOTORCYCLE SAFETY LAWS*
6th ANNUAL VETERANS SUPPORT RUN
MAY 17, 2015
AMERICADE TOURING MOTORCYCLE RALLY 2015
JUNE 1, 2015
LAKE GEORGE, NY
ABATE ONONDAGA 15TH ANNUAL POKER RUN
JUNE 6, 2015
16TH ANNUAL SALUTE TO VETERANS RIDE & EXPO
JUNE 7, 2015
NEW WINDSOR, NY
VET FEST 2015
JUNE 19-20 2015
HARLEY RENDEZVOUS 2015
CLASSIC MOTORCYCLE RALLY
JUNE 26-28, 2015
7TH ANNUAL VIETNAM VETERANS TRIBUTE RIDE
JULY 11, 2015
ROLLING THUNDER NY 11TH ANNUAL DAV RUN
JULY 26, 2015
STATEN ISLAND, NY
CATSKILL MOUNTAIN THUNDER
SEPT 16-20, 2015
EAST DURHAM, NY
There are lawyers who choose to master international law, corporate law and those who represent the underdog. Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys focus on bike accidents, personal injury law only. We know police reports can go against the rider when it was not their fault. We know that to avoid an accident, motorcyclists cannot simply put on the brakes but may have to lay their bike down. Despite the bad rap that lawyers get, a tough litigator in your corner can be the Ace in your personal poker run, only your case is going to hinge on skill & experience, not luck. Consulting with a BAM attorney if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident is your best bet for winning what you deserve.
New York Locations:
14 Wall Street
New York, NY 10005
751 Flushing Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11206
362 Knickerbocker Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11237
151 North Main Street
New City, NY 10956
150 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591
A random sampling of a few of the New York cities we serve:
- New York City
We service all of New York with the help of BAM and our cooperative network of handpicked motorcycle injury lawyers. If you have been in a motorcycle accident, call us at 1-800-4-BIKERS.